Stopping drunk driving one breath at a time.
The Coalition of Ignition Interlock Manufacturers (CIIM) is a trade organization comprised of the nation’s leading ignition interlock manufacturers that:
- Combine their expertise and experience as one voice to advocate for dramatic reductions in the DUI death and injury toll.
- Provide the latest, credible, factual information on ignition interlock devices to inform policy decisions.
- Influence the debate on state and federal legislation and regulations to ensure they make the most effective use of this lifesaving technology:
- Lobbies Congress for strong provisions in all highway legislation to intelligently address impaired driving issues.
- Provides guidance and support to NHTSA to develop model state legislation and address implementation and compliance issues.
- Provides technical expertise to NHTSA to update ignition interlock technical specifications, and develop model service delivery and reporting standards.
- Collaborates with state safety agencies and NHTSA to promote and participate in continuing education workshops for Judges, Probation and Prosecutors.
- Provides technical support on ignition interlocks and best practices to effectively implement a successful interlock program.